In this Assignment, you will use an appraisal tool to conduct a critical appraisal of published research. You will then present the results of your efforts.
· Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you selected in Module 2 and the four systematic reviews (or other filtered high- level evidence) you selected in Module 3.
· Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you selected in Module 2 and analyzed in Module 3.
· Review and download the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template provided in the Resources.
The Assignment (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 4A: Critical Appraisal of Research
Conduct a critical appraisal of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected by completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template. Choose a total of four peer- reviewed articles that you selected related to your clinical topic of interest in Module 2 and Module 3.
Note: You can choose any combination of articles from Modules 2 and 3 for your Critical Appraisal. For example, you may choose two unfiltered research articles from Module 2 and two filtered research articles (systematic reviews) from Module 3 or one article from Module 2 and three articles from Module 3. You can choose any combination of articles from the prior Module Assignments as long as both modules and types of studies are represented.
Part 4B: Critical Appraisal of Research
Based on your appraisal, in a 1-2-page critical appraisal, suggest a best practice that emerges from the research you reviewed. Briefly explain the best practice, justifying your proposal with APA citations of the research.
Articles reviewed. Topic: Falls & prevention of falls in our healthcare setting
Bechdel, B., Bowman, C., & Haley, C. (2014). Prevention of Falls: Applying AACN’s Healthy Work Environment Standards to a Fall Campaign. Critical Care Nurse, 34(5), 75-79. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.4037/ccn2014987 .
(November 9, 2015 Monday). TJC: Time to curb patient falls in healthcare settings. ED Management. Retrieved from https://advance-lexis-com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/api/document?collection=news&id=urn:contentItem:5HBV-SJB1-JBDY-B361-00000-00&context=1516831.
Quigley, P. A. (2016). Evidence Levels: Applied to Select Fall and Fall Injury Prevention Practices. Rehabilitation Nursing”¯: The Official Journal of the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, 41(1), 5-15. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1002/rnj.253
Robey-Williams, C., Rush, K. L., Bendyk, H., Patton, L. M., Chamberlain, D., & Sparks, T. (2007). Spartanburg Fall Risk Assessment Tool: a simple three-step process. Applied Nursing Research”¯: ANR, 20(2), 86-93.
In the dynamic world we currently live in, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for students to balance academics, co-curricular activities and entertainment among others. Students are required to submit countless assignments in a short time frame. These assignments should not be taken lightly as they form a major part of the grade when it comes to the end of the semester. Understanding the value of education and how these grades are important to students, Topnotch Essays has made it its mission in life to offer customized essays to students at an affordable cost.
There are plenty of reasons why you should order a paper with Topnotch Essays. We have reliable writers who are also very competent. They have over the years managed to work under tight schedules and deadlines. Whenever you order an essay with Topnotch Essays, you are guaranteed a fast turnaround of your project and this is done on time. Other than writing custom papers, our writers provide value added services that include academic assistance in the areas that they have specialized in. We ensure that the work that we offer is free of plagiarism. Topnotch Essays does not condone plagiarism in whatsoever manner. Our writers are very experienced and can handle of sorts of formats such as Turabian, Chicago, Harvard as well as APA and MLA. Topnotch Essays covers a wide range of topics. At the moment, we specialize with over 68 topics. We understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality when dealing with our clients. It’s for this reason that we will never reveal the identity of our clients to whoever may be interested. Finally, we offer the most competitive rates in the industry.
Whenever you want to make an order with us, you will use our automated online ordering system. If you are having some difficulties of any sort, feel free to contact our live support and they will be more than happy to assist you. Ensure that you fill all the relevant information regarding your order. This is the area where you have to include the deadline of your assignment, the formatting style to be used and even the kind of academic paper you desire. The more information you give to our writers, the better.
Brief explanations of how our services work
- Provide us with the necessary instructions. Go to the Order Now page and click the order now button. This is the part where you have to attach all the relevant attachments. At the same time, remember to add the instructions sheet here. Once you are sure that you have submitted all relevant information, please submit the final draft to us.
- The second step will involve paying for the services. This is where an invoice will be sent to you. However, the easiest process is clicking the payment link and following all the prompts that come along. At the moment, all payments are made through PayPal only.
- Working on your paper. Once you have made the payment, we will assign the order to a writer who will follow the instructions. Remember that our writers will spend countless hour laboring to ensure that the work they provide is meticulously researched.
- Download your paper. When the writer is finished with the assignment, they will submit it to our writers who will then go through the paper to ensure that the paper has followed all instructions and there are no grammatical errors. We will then forward a copy of the assignment to your email.
- Tell your friends. We always happy to receive a referral. Whenever a friend tells us that you recommended our services to them, we will give you a 40 percent discount for your next order.